...

...spends time together...has fun together...trains together...learns together...laughs together...competes together...stays together...loves together...

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Springfield XDs


I got one! I got one! I finally got an XDs.  I have been wanting one since the 9mm version was first announced in January of last year.  I love shooting my XD9, XDm 3.8, and XDm 5.25 Competition so it was only natural for me to want an XDs.  I love the design of the entire XD line such as the grip safety, how easily it is to break down and clean, and of course how well they all fit in my hand.

My new baby
The first time I actually shot an XDs 9mm was after an IDPA match last summer.  A friend of mine had just gotten her's and she let me give it a try.  There were some steel plates set up in one of the bays, but I didn't expect to hit them right off the bat because they were about 15 yards out.  I loaded the gun, racked the slide, secured my grip, exhaled, and...ping, ping, ping... I couldn't believe it.  My first time firing this little gun and I was actually knocking down those steel plates.  The recoil wasn't bad and the trigger was smooth.  It felt great in my hand too.  There was no pain like I have felt with other compact guns.  I got so excited I even jumped up and down like a little kid.  I may have looked silly, but I didn't care.  All I knew was that I finally found the perfect compact handgun for me.

I couldn't wait to get one of these little gems.  Well, less than a week later I made the plunge.  I am always excited to buy a new gun, but this one was special.  I couldn't wait to take my new XDs out to the range.  It sure wasn't long before I was there putting rounds down range and loving every minute of it.  I can say without a doubt that I absolutely love this gun.

That being said, I was heartbroken when I first heard the news of the recall.  I had my XDs less than two months.  I went onto Springfield's website that night and checked my serial number and sure enough it was part of the recall.  My heart sank.  I immediately registered my XDs for the recall, printed the shipping label from Springfield, and sent it in.  Knowing how many would need to be fixed, I figured the sooner I sent it in the better.


My XDs and XDm 3.8
After a long wait I finally got my baby back. I was a little worried about the trigger pull since I had heard that some people weren't happy about it.  I was a little anxious when I took it to the range the first time.  The trigger pull is a little heavier, but it really doesn't bother me.  After a few rounds, I didn't even notice it anymore.

I can honestly say that this is still my favorite handgun and I carry it every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment