...

...spends time together...has fun together...trains together...learns together...laughs together...competes together...stays together...loves together...

Monday, January 20, 2014

SHOT Show Day 4

Day 4 of SHOT Show started out with a great surprise...we were able to meet Olympian Kim Rhode.  She is an absolute sweetheart!  She even let me wear her medals.  How cool is that? She was there supporting Truck Vault.  They make vehicle equipment storage solutions for trucks, cars and SUVs.  It is a fabulous way to store our most valuable items...our guns.

Next, we came across Prois. They make hunting and field apparel for women.  I know from personal experience that it is difficult to find shooting and outdoor clothing made for women.  There are very limited options.  I have had to resort to wearing men's pants more times than I would like to mention and I know that I am not the only one.  All of their clothes are tailored to fit women.  Prois makes everything from clothing to gear and accessories all for women.



Voodoo Tactical has a line called Lady Voodoo which I love.  They have rifle bags, range bags, pistol cases, and backpacks that come in purple and pink.  My AR15 is dressed up in pink, but I really do like all of their purple gear.  I think I should get one of each.




We had the privilege of speaking with Rob Pincus and Michael Janich.  In addition to many other accomplishments they have both instructed on the tv show Best Defense. We originally met Rob Pincus at the 2013 NRA Annual Meeting in Houston where we were able to attend some of his seminars and purchase his book Counter Ambush.  On day 4 of SHOT Rob had his AR that he is in the process of finishing.  I can easily say that it is the lightest AR that I have ever had the pleasure of holding.

Springfield announced their new XDs 4.0 this year.  I was very intrigued since I had made an XDs 3.3 my newest conceal carry handgun last year.  The are identical except for the barrel length.  We might just have to add a 4.0 to our collection.



Since you are reading this shooting blog I am confident that you already know who Jim and John Scoutten are but in case for some crazy reason that you don't they are both producers and hosts of the tv show Shooting USA.  It was a pleasure meeting them, being able to tell them how much we love their show, and talking with them about how we share our love of shooting together.

Another great find today was the new bolt action rifle made by Drake Associates.  They will be releasing it within the next couple of months.  It will be a lighter more compact rifle that is suitable for law enforcement as well as civilian use for both long range competition and hunting applications.  Some of you already know that we have a Remington 700 in an XLR Evolution chassis.  This rifle really interests us because we have been on the lookout for another long range rifle.

I am always extra excited to meet a female competitive shooter so I was psyched when we ran into Melissa Gilliland.  She is also certified firearms instructor, co-host of Trigger Time TV, and co-owner of Shadow 6 Consulting with her husband Jim.  Not only does she share her love of shooting with her husband as I do with mine, but she and I share the love of our Hello Kitty Punisher patch! Coincidence? I don't think so.  I got a real kick out of the fact that we both had one on us.  If you look really hard at our picture you can see them.

There are a few others we met but were not able to get a picture with such as Will Hayden, Kris Ford, and Stephanie Hayden Ford of Red Jacket.  We also saw Larry Vickers, Ted Nugent, Navy Seal Marcus Luttrell, Lena Miculek Afentul, and Jerry and Kay Miculek but we did not get the opportunity to meet them.  I was simply amazed at all of the fabulous people at the show.

Day 4 of SHOT Show was a very busy day and we were sad when it came to an end.  We saw a lot of great things, met a lot of awesome people, and of course enjoyed the time that we had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment