...

...spends time together...has fun together...trains together...learns together...laughs together...competes together...stays together...loves together...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Urban Moxy Concealed Carry Purse Review


Concealed Carry for women is all about options. There is not a one size fits all way to carry. One of my typical carry methods involves using an inside the waistband holster, but I do purse carry as well. Unfortunately, my job does not allow me to carry. When I am on my lunch break or leave the office to run errands I have to gun up and down in the car. There is something about putting my gun and holster on in the car that just doesn't float my boat if you know what I mean. This is one of the times that I choose to purse carry.

When I first started purse shopping a few years ago the only conceal carry purses I could find were, for lack of a better word, hideous. They were so bad that I chose to not buy one rather than carrying something so ugly. Over the next few years I saw a change in the market and some decent purses were finally being made.

Gene had bought me a conceal carry purse for my birthday that was made by a different company. I liked it at first, but just two months later the material on the straps began peeling off. Now, this purse wasn't cheap and was supposed to be leather. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. We were able to talk to the manufacturer at SHOT show last year. They told me that it was a known issue, but had been resolved. They were kind enough to ship me a replacement, but surprisingly the replacement did the same thing. This was a decent looking purse and I thought it had everything that I wanted.

Enter Urban Moxy. I saw their purses for the first time at the NRA Convention in Houston and I was totally in love. They are very stylish and have all of the features that I need for carrying my firearm and then some. The owner of the company is a woman. She had created the company from her own need to have quality concealed carry purses that she would actually like to carry. We had the pleasure of meeting her in person at SHOT Show this year. She is a really fun and down to earth person.

Let me tell you this woman thinks of everything. In addition to their purses being stylish, they each come with a holster pocket on the back of the bag that they call the "lock it pocket". Each purse comes with two keys to lock and unlock the zipper. The pocket is the only way to gain access to the firearm so the lock can be used to restrict someone from opening it.

The zipper has a fashionable bag chain which can be used to quickly open the pocket in case of an emergency. The inside of the pocket is made of thick water resistant neoprene which is angled to secure the gun in place. The pocket is a good size so the purses are not limited to tiny guns, but they do suggest that you measure your gun and check the sizing chart on their website prior to making a purchase.

I have two of their purses, Nicole and Sharon. The Nicole has an oyster shell color faux ostrich print. The Sharon that I have is solid black, but it is also available in royal blue. I was really tempted to get the blue one, but I played it safe and got black since it goes with well, you know, everything.

Both purses are very roomy and have lots of pockets to keep contents organized. They have a couple pockets in the front, to hold small items like lipstick and a cell phone. There is one zippered pocket in the back and a large zippered pocket/divider in the middle.

The Sharon comes with three straps. Two permanent ones and one longer strap that can be removed. I prefer to just use the two permanent straps myself. The Nicole only has two straps. They are significantly shorter that the Sharon, but more than long enough to be comfortable.

Both purses have chains on them. The Sharon has them on the permanent straps and Nicole has them around the top of the bag. The Nicole also has a cute lock as an embellishment hanging from the chain.  The lock is actually functional so the purse comes with a key made specifically for that lock. The lock can be opened to adjust the chain if desired. I can hear the chains jingle a little, but they aren't too noisy. I have had purses in the past with chains that were very loud to the point of annoying, but these purses are not like that.

I am very pleased with both purses in both functionality and style. If you are in the market for a concealed carry purse or know someone who is I suggest you check out Urban Moxy.


4 comments:

  1. This was very helpful information, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I am glad you found it helpful. I use my purses all the time and they still look and work great.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I am interested in an Urban Carry bag. Can you tell me how well your Urban carry bags held up with use? If you would email me at ladonna2@gmail.com I would appreciate it.
    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete