...

...spends time together...has fun together...trains together...learns together...laughs together...competes together...stays together...loves together...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Truglo Brite Site TFO

The Springfield XDs comes with a red fiber optic front sight and standard white dot rear sights.  It also comes with replacement green and orange fiber optics.  As much as I love my XDs, I decided that I needed to replace the sights.  I wanted a product that would help improve the speed of my sight acquisition and that I would be able to see in the dark.

Happy Birthday to me!
I didn't even know where to start looking.  Gene told me about the Truglo Brite Site TFOs.  He said he thought that they had everything that I was looking for.  My birthday was coming up so it sounded like a perfect present, even if I picked it out myself.  Of course Gene didn't tell me he bought them.  I had to find out the hard way...when I opened my presents.  Whew that was tough!  I was very excited when I got my sights and I could not wait to have them installed.  My XDs was at Springfield at the time due to the recall and I had no idea when I would get it back.  I waited, somewhat patiently, for my XDs to be returned.  I am sure that Gene would not agree about being patient since I checked for a status update every couple of days.

Once my XDs finally came home I took it to Guns Plus in Georgetown, TX to have my sights installed.  It was inexpensive and they did a great job.  I tested the sights as soon as their employee handed my XDs to me. I immediately loved them.









The TFOs are a little larger than the stock sights, but they do not cause any problems with the use of any of my holsters.  Truglo offers a green/yellow combination, but I chose the green/green combination.  The green color is very eye catching and their size makes them quite a bit easier to see.  They do glow in the dark which is one of my favorite features.  Sorry, no picture of them in the dark.  You will have to trust me on that one.


My XDm 5.25 and XDs
Gene had recently changed out the front red fiber optic on my XDm 5.25 to the green one that came with it.  I use my XDm when I compete and I really can spot the green a lot faster that I could the red.  Well, as you can see from the picture the Truglo TFOs on my XDs are significantly larger and brighter than the front sight of my XDm.  I am very impressed with my new sights.

I highly recommend the Truglo Brite Site TFOs to anyone in the market for new sights.
Just a little testing...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review.

    I will have to check out the green fiber optic on the front of my XDM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene replaced the red optic with the green one a few months ago. I have really enjoyed having the green one my XDm. In my opinion it really picks up light better than the red optic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's funny is, Tina, is that I told her that the green would be better from the beginning! I guess she had to see it for herself! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really amazing review!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It is always a pleasure to share products that we like, use and that we trust. Just went to your website and you have great looking products!

    ReplyDelete